|Report: this is Spam Prohibited Miscategory |
| Sales Associate |
|City: Silver Spring County: Montgomery State: Maryland Date: 2007-12-22|
|AdType: Offer job |
| Contact phone: no phone call Send to friend|
Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed. Assists in the execution of merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards within sales floor areas as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets all customers with a smile. Assists customers in a friendly, courteous manner. Effectively responds to questions and requests from customers. Promptly responds to call box/phone pages.
• Responds appropriately to POS backup calls and Service Desk calls. Assists at POS and Customer Service as needed and complies with the Company’s 2 in a line standard.
• Properly holds merchandise for customers when needed, including returning merchandise not picked up to the sales floor. Processes rainchecks within Company standards.
• Solicits customers to apply for Kohl’s Charge. Opens new accounts in accordance with Company standards.
• Completes merchandise recovery and sales floor returns. Maintains fitting rooms, sales floor, and work areas.
• Follows Company merchandise presentation directives and standards while merchandising incoming truck freight and replenishing the sales floor.
• Identifies and communicates merchandising and sales floor operational opportunities to
Supervisor,Area Supervisor, or MOD.
• Completes price changes, ISC memos, callbacks, transfers, and other paperwork as directed by Supervisor.
• Arranges merchandise on fixtures and maintains non-promotional signs on the sales floor according to Company standards. Resolves ad issues as needed by changing signs to reflect current sale price.
• Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines.
• Follows Company Best Practices and participates in Company programs (ie: rewraps, mis-mates, damages, defectives, even exchanges and store shortage action plans).
• Assists the replenishment team in utilizing all replenishment reports daily and ensures Company instock goals are maintained.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: price changes, fitting room recovery, sales floor and fitting room recovery outside of immediate department area, housekeeping duties, preparation and taking of inventory, and stock room organization.
• Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment working with the public.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis.
• Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store.
Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
• Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
• Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
• Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.
Location315 - - Silver Spring
Silver Spring, MD 20904 Job TypeAll year/Part-time
Job CategoryCustomer Service & Call Center
Sales & Marketing
Job Requirements18+ Only Hours per WeekNights & Weekends
BenefitsOur Associates are the reasons Kohl's is so successful. So, to make your career as rewarding as possible, here are just a few of the benefits you'll receive as an hourly Kohl's Store Associate.
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision for full-time Associates
Special medical, dental and vision plans for part-time Associates
Group term life insurance
401(k) savings plan, plus a corporate match
Immediate merchandise discount at all our stores
Paid vacation days, available a year after you join Kohl's
Child and dependent care flex plan
Medical flex plan
Long-term disability plan for full-time Associates
Plus, we offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Every year, the company buys shares of Kohl's stock and contributes them to a trust. That stock is then divided among our eligible Associates, making you — in essence — part owner of Kohl's Department Stores.
As a store Associate, you'll also become eligible for our Associate of the Month program which recognizes one outstanding Associate in every store each month. You'll also become part of the Kohl's store camaraderie: our store Associates usually plan at least one fun activity every month.
These are just some of the rewards you'll realize as a Kohl's Store Associate!
Wages To be discussed
LOCATION 315 - - Silver Spring
12024 Cherry Hill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20904